- It was the Mary Katrantzou designer sample sale! Well it seems Facebook is reading my mind, because she is my favourite contemporary haute couture designer. Her jaw-droppingly bold patterns and colours are her unique, identifiable features! I have already mentioned one of her dress here. -
I sent an RSVP immediately that I wanted to attend and as I had attended sample sales in the past I never really bought anything, or only small items, mainly because I could only go there after work - like the Tom Dixon sample sale when the last piece of the beautiful copper lamp was just picked up before us arriving to the place -.
Ok I knew I would not do this mistake again, so I woke up really early and around 7:30am I was already on my way to Bond street station! I arrived there on time by 8am, but there was one thing I did not expect....a massive queue, but at least I saw that anyone leaving was carrying a black plastic bag...I was sure it must be really good and affordable....
And so I went in and it was great! Just enough people rummaging through the dresses, skirts, tops, shoes, bags, coats etc! So many things! Different sizes, even size 14-16 was or large was available. I tried to be fast, because in the end I had to be at work by 10am...so I collected all stuff I wanted to try on, when I realised there were no fitting rooms...so basically I just looked around and everywhere there were ladies in their underwear trying on the different pieces.
The saving? Well it seems, most things were approx. 90% off!
The verdict is you can be super chic for super cheap :) you just need to know where to look for it! Your golden ticket for this is on StyleBarista.
Oh I could have bought so many things, but I restrained myself in the end for only:
- 1 silk top (gorgeous - no photo yet)
- 1 top with super bold prints...seeing it on the photo, everybody was a little bit shocked, how loud it was, but actually I wore it on Tuesday and I got so many compliments on the colour, the pattern and that it looked good on me :)
- One really cool jumper - The Tikki Man
- 1 fantastic umbrella. The first brolly I own! Being in London for 9 years, but never had an umbrella...never wanted one...but this just looked so good, so I could not leave it there...and now I actually even like walking with it!
- and 1 gorgeous cross-body bag! Pink and brownish-khaki leather with metal and blue velvet. So pretty!
Sunglasses are from Amazon.
And if you want to see more of Mary Katrantzou's, check out these celebs below wearing her creations, from Beyonce to Keira Knightley.
|Celebs wearing Mary Katrantzou|
|Keira, Beyonce, Diane Krueger and Rihanna all wearing Mary Katrantzou|
|Rihanna and Jessie J wearing Mary Katrantzou|
♥ ♥ ♥
Photos are from here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6