Wednesday 13 May 2015

Learn Norwegian with my unique technique


You all know I started studying Norwegian, and I feel I know quite many words and some of the grammar too, but I feel a bit lame when it comes to speaking or just answering fast. 

Lily has a new colleague from Denmark, who actually lives in Norway. I told the aforementioned fears to her as well and next thing I know that she set me up with his colleague’s flatmate to chat/text/talk/email etc all in order to learn Norwegian better!
How cool is that! We have been chatting a lot since then and I firmly believe that my Norwegian is much better than it was. I feel that I am more active again in class and can use the terms and grammatical nuances more appropriately!

Besides chatting with Tor, I try to do everything to pick up this language as fast as I can.

So these are my tips to you too if you want to master this awesome language!

#1 - Learn the basic grammar and learn more and more words!

Fun-Grammar-Card
Grammar card


#2 - Listen to your teacher and do all the homework in Norwegian! Maybe be a little bit of a geek and do some extra bits too!

Geek-is-the-new-sexy


#3 - Listen to Norwegian radio, especially children’s radio. I found it easier to understand it and the radio presenters speak more accurately and with clearer and easier pronunciation. For me NRK Super works wonders!

NRK-Norwegian-RadioSuper-Logo


#4 - Stay in your comfort zone and do what you would anyway! So, like many Norwegian Instagrammers, so you can have 1 or 2 new sentences on a daily basis. With this you will only win - either a great feeling if you understand it and or a new word a day if not. It's a win win situation.

Instagram-photo-roses-strawberries
@husoghytteliv

#5 - Plus I started following some blogs, one of them even uploads the text not only in Norwegian but in English, so I can check if I understand what she is blogging about.


Cathinthecity-main-image
Image Credit: Cathrine Heienberg


#6 - Lastly but most importantly chat chat chat!!! Of course in Norwegian! Talking or instant messaging systems really work well on your brain!

Iphone-Text-messaging-Norwegian


Isn't it amazing how advance this world we live in? #lovetechnology #lovedevelopment (When I learnt English there was no internet, the only source were the boring books and crappy photocopies of literature magazines the teacher handed out to us. But now....whatever is your interest you will find something on the internet in the language you love!)

Arthur-Getting-On-English-Language-Book
image credit: X

Stay tuned! Tomorrow I'll show you why I started learning Norwegian and why eventually I'd like to move there for some time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...