Friday 4 April 2014

Time to read! But do you actually have time?

Hello dear Sentimentalist! :)

This morning when I was half asleep sitting in the tube on my way to work, 2 little girls...maybe 7-9 year-olds...were in the row opposite. I could tell they were sisters, but have not seen their mom. Only couple of minutes later, when their little brother talked to them, I realised that the rest of the family were seated almost next to me and not in front of me.
Why I wanted to bring this up, is because the whole family had a book in their hands and everyone was reading their (hopefully) interesting books :)

Now, some people could say it might be too much...and the family might not interact with each other as much as they should do, however this whole situation brought back good memories of my childhood, when me and mom read books...many books! I was a proper bookworm! :) Besides all those interesting books, I spent loads of time rollerblading, hanging out with friends, playing the guitar, walking the dog etc...

But do we have time to read and do all these other things in our life? I don't really think so :( or is it just me? Is it because I have grown up and there are all sorts of other, more important things than reading?... like browsing Facebook and checking Wikipedia (saying with a sarcastic tone)?
This is sad in a way...because it prevents me to spend time on things I really want to do, but on the other hand it is all down to myself! I decide what I want to do in my time whether it be Facebook or reading.

Since I spend most of my day at work, then at the gym, then with friends...late nights at home, I don't really feel like reading anymore...but I wanted to read! So finally I decided to join to the 'morning underground reading club' in the tube :) Now I am one them :) carrying a book with me all the time almost 365 days a year, sometimes making my bag as heavy as a brick, but it's worth it!

Readers in the Tube (image from The Guardian)
So Sentimentalists, tell me please:

When do you have time to read? 

What book(s) are you reading now? What book(s) have you read recently?

Currently I am reading 3 books kind of simultaneously:

1. Thomas Keneally: Schindler's List

Thomas Keneally: Schindler's List

2. Tolstoy: War and Peace

Tolstoy: War and Peace

3. Stieg Larsson: The girl who played with the fire

Stieg Larsson: The girl who played with the fire
4. On my priority list: Alexis Turner: Taxidermy <-- This is for a specific project, about which I am going to write in a later post.

Alexis Turner: Taxidermy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...