Tuesday 1 April 2014

Pear, Rocket, Blue cheese and Parma ham salad: the 1st home-made foodie entry!

Do you like being busy? I love it! It somehow gives me extra energy and willpower to achieve what I want!
Yes so many things to do at the moment, but it is going ahead as I planned it so far!
  • Personal Statement for postgrad studies is 95% done! :)
  • Changing my CV for postgrad study is in the same shape as Personal Statement
  • Sorting out the house, as there will be some refurbishment very soon!
  • Writing to Emirates regarding my tickets, I won with them. Done!
  • Completing my Australian VISA application! Done! :) Fingers crossed!
  • Completing my mom's Australian VISA application...0% in progress.
  • Planning the trip to Australia and New Zealand! 70% done! :)
  • Last but not least, my blog entry about no barking aRt biennale exhibition triggered some extra views on my blog and I was offered the chance to write an entry about taxidermy! It is very exciting for me as everybody knows I am very much interested in this topic! So really looking forward to it and will let you all know how it went! :)
And in the meantime I am trying to keep up with cooking and baking as well! :) So last week I have started using my iPad for checking the free weekly London women's magazine: Stylist, when my eyes stuck on the food page! It looked scrumptious and very easy to make! I immediately fell for it and ran to the market and the shop to buy the ingredients!

Pear, Rocket, Blue cheese and Parma ham salad!


Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad


I adjusted the ingredients a bit to my taste, thus I used the following portions for one serving:
4 smaller pears
3 slices of parma ham
70gr blue stilton
60gr rocket, that you can also replace this with small leaves 
1tbsp honey
salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar

Ingredients - Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad


First I cut the pears into longitudinal pieces.

Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad


...that can be nicely thrown into a pan, drizzled the honey on them and added pepper. Lastly I put this in the oven for 20 minutes on 200C.

Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad
Couple of minutes later the parma ham slices were also on a rack that went in the oven for around 10 minutes! Be careful, not to over-roast it, as it can easily be burnt.

Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad
So once ready, I layered the rocket, the peppery honey glazed pears, parma ham pieces, added some balsamic vinegar and crumbled some of the stilton on top and then repeated this until finished.

Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad
Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad
Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad
Carefully mixed them a bit and then ready to serve! :)

ENJOY as much as I did! :)
Pear, Rocket, Parma ham and Blue Stilton salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...