Wednesday 19 March 2014

Pump the iron Baby! :)

Well well well!

Last year in May I made a vow for myself to look as good as possible in my 30s! So far with healthy eating I lost 10 kilograms, and then in November I started to go to the gym!
For me, who has not done any exercise in the past 16 years...was a real challenge to start it again, but...as I started with maybe 5 minutes running feeling extremely exhausted and breathless...

...but now...
I can jog for 20-30 minutes on the treadmill
I can cycle through a full spinning class without stopping

In December I also started pumping the iron...only repeating what I saw in the gym, or what I remembered from friends doing them.
So I completed only 2x8 lateral raises, shoulder presses, anterior raises, incline chest presses, seated pull downs, leg curls and some ab exercises. The weight used to complete these was only 2.5kg in each hands.

I must say I am improving quite fast, because now I not only do 5x10 from the aforementioned, I also increased the weights, by a lot!
For my arms I now use 5kgs in each hand and for anything done with cable machines I use between 23-27kgs. For legs I also upped it from 14kgs to 27-48, depending on what machine I use.

Further on I started doing barbell squats 5x10 and lunges with dumbbells, plus walking lunges with dumbbells.

And guess what, last time I went to the gym, one woman who was superfit with a superfit huge bodybuilder man, gave full marks for my walking lunges! :) She said that I was doing it very well and my endurance was very good!

So let's hope that my body will be transformed nicely in the next coming year :) I will do everything I can from my end!

What do you think of the below woman?
Anna Virmajoki Mike Siren from here.

Anna Virmajoki Mike Siren from here.
Anna Virmajoki Finnish Bikini Pro. Well, as much as I adore people with the strength and willpower they have, to build their bodies up to look like hers, I don't feel the power in myself to reach this type of body size and shape, but it gives me a kind of goal to set myself.

I always think that in order to reach a bigger goal we have to first set up and reach smaller goals that would eventually pave the way to the final target!
For example my little goal for next week is to carry on with my gym, not only going the usual 3 times a week, but 5 times and repeat Miss Virmajoki's work out plan!
Telling the truth, with many of these names of exercises I was not even familiar and did not even know they exist, thus I am eagerly searching on Youtbe and watching these exercise videos, to be able to carry them out when in the gym :)
I appreciate that she does not only share the exercises, but telling how many sets she is doing, and the weights are up to us and out own strength. I am so looking forward to it!

Anna Virmajoki's Work Out. Original source from www.simplyshredded.com

 Monday: Legs
  • 5 X 15 Leg Extensions
  • 5 X 20 Shoulder Width Leg Press
  • 5 X 15 Switch (Jump) Lunges
  • 4 X 15 Narrow Stance Squats
  • 4 X 10 Walking Lunges

Tuesday: Shoulders/Triceps

  • 4 X 10 Shoulder Press
  • 4 X 10 Barbell Press
  • 4 X 10 Rear Lateral Raises
  • 3 X 8 Arnold Press
  • 3 X 8 Lateral Raises
  • 3 X 15 Rope Pushdowns
  • 3 X 10 DB Skull Crushers
  • 3 X 15 DB Kick Backs

Wednesday: Back/Biceps

  • 6 X 8 Pull Downs
  • 6 X 8 Seated Cable Rows
  • 4 X 12 Barbell Rows
  • 4 X 12 One Arm Pull Downs
  • 5 X 15 Hyperextensions
  • 5 X 15 Supermans
  • 4 X 8 Preacher Curls
  • 4 X 12 Seated DB Curls
  • 4 X 15 Incline DB Curls

Thursday: Legs

  • 5 X 15 Leg Curls
  • 5 X 12 Squats
  • 5 X 12 Weighted Step Ups On Bench
  • 5 X 12 Seated Leg Curls
  • 5 X 12 Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Friday: Chest/Shoulders/Legs

  • 5 X 12 Pullovers
  • 5 X 12 Incline Chest Press
  • 8 X 8 Side Lateral Raises
  • 5 X 15 Leg Press
  • 5 X 12 Walking Pump Lunges
  • 5 X 15 Cable Squats
  • 4 X 20 Hyperextensions

Saturday and Sunday

  • Rest day
So let's get up from the couch and do some more exercise! It's beautiful spring time outside, so even if you don't have a gym membership, you could still occupy the green parks where you'd be surrounded by gorgeous flowers and their amazing smell :) hmm even think of it sounds good!
Do go out and embrace the moment!

xoxo to all of you out there!

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent information. I got some new ideas. Thank you for your post.
    stringer tank tops

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...